Whether it’s your first trade show or you’re a veteran, you know that every dollar you spend is an investment in your company. And this can add up to thousands of dollars. Here’s a breakdown of the average trade show budget:
- Space – 33%
- Trade Show Booths & Trade Show Displays – 18%
- Travel & Expenses – 18%
- Trade Show Services – 12%
- Shipping – 9%
- Marketing – 8%
- Miscellaneous – 2%
Your trade show booth, trade show displays and equipment shipping make up more than a quarter of the total amount. You want to invest wisely. Orbus Displays can partner with you to protect your equipment and make your trade show booth a customer magnet.
- Make Your Booth Stand Out
In addition to the financial investment that goes into your trade show display and booth, there’s a time investment. New World Case offers one-stop shopping for everything Orbus, allowing you more time for actual design. There are many options:
- Trade Show Displays
- Custom System Exhibits
- Coyote Pop Up Displays
- Hop Up Printed Fabric Displays
- Banner Stands in all Sizes and Styles
- Trade Show Literature Racks
- Modular & Hybrid System Displays
- Table Top Displays
- Briefcase Displays
- Replacement Display graphics
- Display Flooring & Lighting
- Custom Shipping Cases
- Carrying Bags and Graphics Cases
When you’re designing your customer-magnet trade show booth and display, there are some things to consider. If possible, check out competitors’ displays which are likely documented on their websites. This gives you the opportunity to create something more attractive to customers. Some things that make you stand out:
- Taller trade show booth
- Overhead trade show display
- Graphics on the floor in front of your booth
- Display objects that will catch customers’ attention
- Make your trade show booth interactive
- Schedule demo times if you are selling a product
- Keep open pathways to allow visitors easy passage
2. Make a Beautiful Trade Show Booth and Display
Your trade show booth is your home away from home for many hours. Carefully design the esthetics of your booth and display, as they benefit you and the potential customer. There’s significant research that suggests environment can influence mood. The manner in which you interact with potential customers is critical to your business. If you feel comfortable in your booth and enjoy looking at the display, it will translate in your interaction with visitors. An enjoyable booth will encourage visitors to linger and listen to what you have to say.
You might want to explore the field of psychogeography, which is the study of the relationship between places that we move through and the effects that those places have on our minds. Environment may affect your feelings, emotions, what you pay attention to, remember and how you make decisions.
You can learn more about psychogeography here:
3. Make Shipping Your Booth and Display Equipment Efficient
One of the vital elements of your trade show strategy is shipping. Imagine arriving at your section of the trade show and finding out that none of your equipment is there? Or, some of it had been damaged during transportation? Choosing the right protective case is key to reducing the potential for damage.
New World Case offers a wide variety of molded trade show shipping cases for trade show display graphics and trade show displays. Most cases include wheels, and are shippable via any trade show shipping company. Custom built cases are also available to fit your specific needs.
Many trade shows will partner with a shipping company that all exhibitors must use. If that’s the case, make sure to follow all dates and instructions provided to you by both the venue and the shipping company. Don’t assume anything. Ask questions if you are not sure about those instructions.
If finding a shipping partner is your responsibility, you want one with expertise in the trade show industry and that understands that the transportation of your trade show display materials is critical to your success as an exhibitor. You can find some companies recommended by Exhibitor Magazine here:
In either situation, in addition to the best cases, there are some precautions you can take to better ensure all of your trade show booth equipment arrives safely:
- Use redundant labeling on shipping cases – clearly label all cases with luggage hang tags as well as stick-on identification labels
- Number each case and indicate the total number of cases
- Take photos of all cases and their contents for your records
- Create a master shipping spread sheet
- Have marketing materials shipped directly to your hotel
In addition to your trade show display material, you might want to pack extraneous items that can reduce panic and stress. It’s probably best to include these items in your carry-on luggage if possible. This includes items such as this:
- Duct tape
- Cleaning materials and cloths
- Twine or small cable ties
- Wood scuff remover pens
- Magic eraser
- Power cords
- Stain remover pens
Having a display that’s in concert with your company’s brand and personality is essential to the overall success of your trade show presence. These three tips will help ensure that your trade show booth is welcoming and a customer magnet.